Step-by-step installation guide to flash new firmware
I. What you need:
1. DriverAssistant_v3.4 – Extract with 7zip and run DriverInstall.exe – Get it from HERE.
2. Rockchip Batch Tools – Extract with 7zip (on desktop for example):
3. A workable flash image – Use the original 20160315 firmware, make sure you extract the archive and put is somewhere you can find it later.
- Connect your USB2USB cable to your PC.
- Unplug EVERYTHING from your phone. You could leave ONLY your HDMI cable plugged into your phone.
- Flip your phone over and insert a paperclip or a toothpick into the reset hole (a tiny hole in the bottom of the phone) and hold it in.
- Connect your USB2USB cable into the phone USB/OTG USB slot.
- Now if you did everything as I specified, you will hear a “ti-ding” sound on your PC and if you open your Device Manager you will see a “Android ADB Interface” listed:
III. Here, follows detail guide flashing steps:
- Open the Rockchip Batch Tool executable extracted on your desktop.
- Click the “…” option at “FW Path:” and choose the firmware you downloaded and extracted. (In this case “update_zx_20160309.img”) The program will say “Loading firmware” and after a while “Loading firmware Finished.”
Click on “Upgrade” and you will see the green “Connected Devices” start flashing yellow and some stuff happens in the center of the screen:
Once completed, the program will show a green line in the display with the words “Upgrade Done Success”. The “Connected Devices will turn grey and the Z68 will start initializing.
I hope you find this helpful. If you get a failure of any kind, check your steps. If the driver fails, use the DriverAssistant Tool, uninstall the driver and re-install. Start all over again.
Example of failure: