Top 10 the best free online data storage site
Today, many users and businesses tend to reduce the need for expensive hardware and infrastructure by keeping files and applications up to the cloud. With a myriad of cloud storage providers, you need to be careful to choose the provider that meets your storage and bandwidth needs at low cost while keeping your data secure. This article will introduce you to the top cloud storage options. All offer free and paid options, allowing you to try before you decide to pay.
* Dropbox – a provider of cloud storage veteran – provides 2GB of free storage but you can increase to 16GB by linking Dropbox to social networking and referring friends to join the service.
The Dropbox business package subscription allows users to collaborate and give each user unlimited storage in their personal Dropbox account. Plus, there are advanced features for recovering files and utilities for Gmail. The price for a business package starts at about $ 12.50 per user for a month or you can try it for free in 30 days.
Free storage: 2GB
– Have mobile applications for devices.
– Unlimited upload size when using software for desktop.
– File and folder sharing for everyone.
– Easily keep track of shared files and folders.
– Desktop applications for Windows, Mac and Linux.
– Can limit upload / download bandwidth when transferring files.
– Folder sharing will be deactivated if the traffic exceeds 20GB a day.
* Google Drive is an “instinct” option for Android device users because it’s built-in, but other platform users appreciate it for its enormous free storage space. You can store high resolution photos on your device with the Google Photos app and use the Google Office suite (now known as G Suite).
* The downside of this cloud hosting service is that the web interface is not easy to use although Windows and Mac users can easily download desktop applications using drag and drop functionality.
Free storage: 15GB
– Users can be easily managed through the Google Drive app on Android and iOS.
– The activity tracking feature allows users to track changes made on files.
– You can share files with multiple people and collaboratively edit files at the same time.
– The converted files have size limits.
– The web interface is not easy to use.
With free storage space and simple drag-and-drop interface, Mega-Domain uses New Zealand as one of the best cloud storage services. It has a mobile application that allows users to download files, images as well as sync with the desktop.
* Mega asserts that all of the data stored in their cloud will be encrypted on your device before it reaches the server of the company.
Free storage: 50GB
– Large free storage.
– Can share public folders.
– Support to download multiple files and folders in ZIP format.
– Load the directory using a web browser.
– Can control upload speed through web browser.
– High security.
– Application synchronization is open source.
– 10GB bandwidth limit (reload after 30 minutes).
* OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) is integrated into the Windows File Explorer 10. This storage service is very convenient for anyone upgrading to the latest Microsoft operating system.
The Microsoft Photos app also uses OneDrive to sync photos across all devices. It has an app for Android and iOS devices and there are even apps in the App Store for Mac users.
Free storage: 5GB
– Easily transfer folders and files.
– Easy file access from your iOS or Android device.
– You can set permissions to only view or edit files.
– Powered by Microsoft and ideal for Windows users.
– Has file recovery feature.
Only 5GB of free storage.
* If you want to back up your iPhone to iCloud, you will need more than 5GB of free Apple provided to you, but compared to competitors, the iCloud price is more reasonable.
The Mac Finder integrates with iCloud Drive so you can store just about any file you want. Documents created in the iWork office suite are also stored on iCloud and can be synced to other devices. Windows users can also sync data using iCloud Drive using their official application and accessing the iWork app on the iCloud website.
Free storage: 5GB
– Tightly integrated with Apple’s platform.
– reasonable price.
Offers only 5GB of free storage.
* Box.net was originally a cloud hosting service, offering 10GB of free storage per user. It has the ability to edit and download Microsoft Office documents to online accounts. Because Box has been around for a while, it is supported by many applications such as Google Docs and Office 365. Box Sync is available on the download page for Mac and Windows. It also has an app for Android devices.
Box’s website seems to be pushing its business registration package when clicking on Sign up will lead you to the price page. You will pay $ 15 per user for advanced collaboration features and unlimited storage.
Free storage: 10GB
– Instant search of all archives from mobile applications and desktop software.
– Download multiple photos and videos from your mobile device.
– Download the entire shared folder in ZIP format.
– You can note next to the file.
– You can share files and folders for people who do not have a Box account.
– You can create Google Docs documents and spreadsheets right in the box.
– File limit is limited to 250MB.
– Do not set password protected file sharing.
– Advanced features are available only in paid versions.
* NextCloud is not an online cloud storage provider, but offers free software to download and install cloud storage services on your own server. Use the host on the home network to store the cloud much faster. You can also enable encryption and ensure that information never leaves your home network.
* Without a server or less IT experience, you can even buy a pre-configured NextCloud Box from a web site that comes with a 1TB hard drive and works with cheap Raspberry Pi to sync your data. .
Free installation and use, self-hosted, so prices vary depending on the needs of each person.
– Creative self storage solution.
– Adjust your cloud locker according to your needs.
– Preconfigured settings.
* IDrive provides seamless synchronization of your files, even on network drives. Web interface supports file sharing via email, Facebook and Twitter. People who value security will be happy to know that files deleted on their computer will not automatically be deleted from the server, so you do not need to worry about losing important data when accidentally deleting something.
IDrive also offers IDrive Express, a service that sends physical hard drives to those who lose their data to quickly recover all of their backups.
Free storage: 5GB
– Expanded storage solution, synchronized on network drive.
– Multiple file sharing options.
– IDrive Express service is very handy if data is lost.
The free offer only gives you 5 GB.
Although this cloud hosting service has bandwidth limitations, there is no limit on the size of the file that can be uploaded so it is suitable for downloading large media files.
pCloud is available for all PC and mobile platforms, users can access through the website. The company is registered in Switzerland, which has strong privacy laws so you do not have to worry about privacy issues. You can pay $ 4.99 per month for pCloud Cryto to block private files with passwords. 500GB lifetime service package for $ 175, 2TB for $ 350.
Free storage: 20GB
– Download the entire directory through the web.
– Unlimited upload file size should be suitable for downloading large files.
– Easily filter all files by genre like images, audio, video, documents, etc.
– Option to upload files to your account via shared URL.
– Connect to your account through WebDaV.
– Access your favorite folders quickly.
– Option to enable automatic upload of photos, videos to mobile applications.
– Share files with people who do not use pCloud.
Can not set password for shared file.
* Mediafire is one of the most popular online storage services, offering 50GB of free storage and easy download and view of your files on any device.
* Mediafire offers 10GB free when registering an account. You can get more space by recommending friends, posting Mediafire links to social networks or downloading apps.
Free storage: 10GB
– Can upload large files up to 25GB.
– Unlimited bandwidth.
– You can easily share files and folders with anyone.
– Apps for desktop and smartphone.
– You must sign in to your account once a year to avoid being locked out.
– Websites with multiple ads.